Real Plans for Our Kitchen Remodel
For those of you that don’t know, I’m not the biggest fan of my small, old kitchen. Some may say I hate it, as evidenced here. I love Pinterest for a lot of reasons, when it’s used appropriately. (Some people don’t give credit where credit is due, or get crazy and mean with comments.) It’s been fun to pin away at inspiration for our kitchen remodel. Seeing the pins on the board, side by side, makes it easy to see what works together, and what is out of place. So, here’s what we’re going with… Let the remodel begin!
1. A lovely colorful checkerboard patterned floor! (Photo: Olive Design) I love the pairing of natural wood and a bright color! Since there are many neutral colors happening in the kitchen everywhere else, a pop of color is necessary!
2. Chalkboard wall! Fun for reminders, menus, and little hands that love to doodle! (Photo: Design Sponge/Kirra Jamison)
3. A French kitchen island! More counter space and storage! And it’s so very easy on the eye! Holla! (Photo: Williams Sonoma) *Not sure this is the one we’re going with. It’s beyond what we were looking to spend on the island…but we may find a way to make this work. Kickstarter? Of course, I’m kidding. But, maybe… No. Still kidding.
5. This recipe box and I will meet someday. It’s meant to be on my shelf. (Credit: Rifle Paper Co.)
6. Indoor herb garden mounted to wood! Swoon! (Photo: Not Just a Housewife)
I am so very thankful for the Internet and the inspiration it provides! Before I sought council of such websites and brilliant minds, my kitchen was the craziest color orange. (I think painting it white was the first thing we did when we moved back into our house after we lived in San Francisco.)